Your legal rights and this policy
Your legal rights are not affected by our Returns Policy. If a part of our Returns Policy conflicts with your legal rights, that part will be considered not to apply so as to ensure your legal rights are preserved.
We have summarised your key legal rights at the end of our Returns Policy -see Your Key Legal Rights below.
Returns (refunds and exchanges)
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2014, you have an early right to reject items that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund. This right is limited to 30 days from the date you took ownership of the item (this could be the date of purchase or the date the goods were delivered to you - whichever is later).
After the initial 30 days, you can't demand a full refund in the first instance, but you still have the right to a repair or replacement.
You will need to return the defective item to us to receive a refund or a replacement item or to have it repaired - please refer to Returning items to us for refund, repair, or replacement below.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your returned item is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 calendar days.
We will refund the price of the items in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Any item not in its original condition, which is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery.
- Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you paid by debit card and haven't received a refund yet,
- first check your bank account again
- contact your bank to see if it has received the refund as there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you paid by credit card and haven't received a refund yet,
- first check your credit card account again
- contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
If you've done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us:
Telephone: 01323 845849 (international callers, dial +44 1323 845849) and ask to speak to a member of our customer service team.
We do not offer refunds for sale items, unless they are faulty or not as described.
Exchange (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are faulty or not as described.
If you need to exchange an item for the same item, please send an email to email@example.com and follow the instructions under the heading Returning items to us for refund, repair, or replacement.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you'll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift voucher will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn't marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and they will find out about your return.
Returning items to us for refund, repair, or replacement.
When returning an item, please use the original packaging, where possible, and pack it in such a manner to minimise the risk of damage whilst in transit. Please ensure you include your details and the reason for returning.
To return your item, please ship your item to:
Enigma Titanium Ltd.
Unit 13 Apex Park,
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item unless the item is faulty or not as described. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged item to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item over £50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance as we cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
If you are returning an item from outside the UK, in addition to packing the item properly:
- (a) you must include the original invoice within the return package; and
- (b) you must mark the outside of the return package with the words, “RETURNED GOODS” and do the same when completing your customs declaration (CN22/CN23 equivalent).
If you are an international customer and we accept your returned item from outside the UK, it is your responsibility to reclaim any VAT (or other sales tax) and the duties you paid in respect of the returned item.
Right to cancel (online, mail or telephone orders)
If you ordered from us as an online, mail or telephone order customer, you have an additional right to cancel as set out below.
Your right to cancel. You have a legal right to cancel a contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below under the sub-heading, Time Limits. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep an item, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the contract and receive a refund.
Exceptions to your right to cancel. This cancellation right does not apply in the case of any item we make to your specification or which is clearly personalised, including but not limited to, custom fit frames, custom paint finishes and custom hand built wheels.
Time Limits. Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation and ends 14 days after the day on which you receive the item(s).
How to cancel. To cancel a contract, you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel by a clear written statement, which may be sent by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Unit 13 Apex Park, Diplocks Way, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 3JU, or by completing and returning the Cancellation Form. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. Your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the email, post the letter, or return the Cancellation Form to us.
What happens next. If you cancel your contract we will:
- (a) refund you the price you paid for the items. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the items, if this has been caused by your handling in a way which would not be permitted in a shop;
- (b) refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of an item within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the item delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option; and
- (c) make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the timescales indicated below:
- (i) if you have received the item and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the item back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the item back to us. For information about how to return an item to us, see section 9.8 for UK returns or section 9.9 for international returns; or
- (ii) if you have not received the item or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract.
UK Customers This section applies to returns by UK-based customers. If an item has been delivered to you at an address in the UK before you decide to cancel your contract:
- (a)then you must return it to us within 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the contract. When returning the item, please use the original packaging, where possible, and pack it in such a manner to minimise the risk of damage whilst in transit. You can either send it back, or hand it to our authorised carrier. If we have offered to collect the item from you, we will collect it from the address to which it was delivered. We will contact you to arrange a suitable time for collection; and
- (b) unless the item is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the items to us. If the item is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the item to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery. If we have offered to collect the item from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
International Customers. This section applies to returns by international customers. If an item has been delivered to you at an address outside the UK before you decide to cancel your Contract, please note the following.
- (a) You must make arrangements to return it to us within 7 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the contract.
- (b) When returning the item,
- (i) you should, where possible, repack it in the original packaging and, in any event, you must ensure you pack the item in such a manner to minimise the risk of damage to it whilst in transit;
- (ii) you must include the original invoice within the return package;
- (iii) you must mark the outside of the return package with the words, “RETURNED GOODS” and do the same when completing your customs declaration (CN22/CN23 equivalent); and
- (iv) you must return the returned item to Enigma Titanium Ltd, Unit 13 Apex Park, Diplocks Way, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 3JU using a method of return which provides for proof of postage / collection and proof of delivery for the returned item.
- (c) Unless the item is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- (d) If we accept your returned item, it is your responsibility to reclaim any VAT (or other sales tax) and the duties you paid in respect of the returned item. If you require any documentation from us to support such a reclaim, please let us know (using the contact details in this Returns Policy) and we will do what we reasonably can to assist you.
Our Complaints Policy.
If you're not completely happy with our products or our services we'd like to hear about it so we can do something to put it right. Please refer to our Complaints Policy for details as to how to make a complaint and how we will handle it.
Your key legal rights (all customers irrespective of how you bought from us)
Your legal rights are summarised below. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website.
We have set out a summary of your key legal rights below.
If your item is goods, for example, a bike, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your item your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund.
- Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
If your item is digital content, for example, a software downlaod, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says digital content must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality:
- If your digital content is faulty, you're entitled to a repair or a replacement.
- If the fault can't be fixed, or if it hasn't been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, you can get some or all of your money back.
- If you can show the fault has damaged your device and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation
If your item is services, for example, a bike fit, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can't fix it.
- If a price hasn't been agreed upfront, what you're asked to pay must be reasonable.
- If a time hasn't been agreed upfront, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
ENIGMA TITANIUM LIMITED